January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

It is already January 1, 2009!!!
A lot has happened since my last post. Christmas Eve came and went and so did Christmas Day. I think everyone had a good time. I enjoyed it all, but boy, was I pooped! Then, I didn't even get my day (after Christmas) to just veg out and not do anything because we had to be at the MV Surgery Center at 7:30 am for Ronnie's 9:00 surgery.

He came through the surgery well (considering the extent of the damage he had done to his shoulder) but recovery has been challenging. He can finally take a shower tomorrow and he goes back to the doctor on Monday morning at 10. I hope his healing has been on schedule and hopefully the doctor will give us good news and lay out a plan for his rehab. The doctor called the first three days after surgery and in one of those conversations, he told Ronnie that on a scale of 1 to 10, his shoulder damage was an 11. Hopefully, he will still recover well and not have any (or much, at least) permanent damage.

The Kids all stopped by tonight and it was so good to see them. I missed them this week, especially those little ones. I have had a pretty full plate, however, but I am starting back to work tomorrow. Well, I have been working a little along all fall, but my office opens up tomorrow...that means I will be pretty busy for the next 3 1/2 months. That means that my plate will be even fuller!!!

I think I will just take it easy tonight and work tomorrow on what I am supposed to be doing on Saturday.

Happy New Year...more later

No comments: