January 22, 2009

It's been a while...

I can't believe that it is already the 22 of January!!! Time is really flying.

Not much happening...I am just working and gearing up for Peak and also thinking about packing for our cruise next month!! I am going to try and get the formal wear packed and maybe send that with the Southwards if they don't mind so we don't have to pay for extra bags. I need to check with our Vacation Planner, Michael at Carnival first and see what the airline's policy is. I am not sure of our flights. Our itinerary showed one set of flight info and the Graham's showed another one, so either we aren't traveling together or one of us will have our plans changed. Either way is fine with me so long as we all make it to the right boat!!!!!

Eli has an ear infection, bless his heart, so I hope he gets over that soon. He is such a sweet boy and has even been a sweet boy through this past month when he didn't feel good. Abbey May is as onery as ever and so is Katie Lynne Turner, Big Girl. I do love them that way though...they always make me smile no matter how I am or have been feeling.

Ronnie's surgery went as well as the doctor had hoped and he is finally seeing some progress. He went back to work this week even though it is a little bit inconvenient and awkward, but he didn't have to use any of his vacation or personal days for the year, so that was great news. He was a little worried about going on a cruise so soon after being off on sick leave, but that is not going to be an issue now. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is 41 degrees today and that feels downright tropical compared to what we have been seeing.

I started Weight Watchers on the first Monday of January and have lost almost 7 pounds so far. Now, that is not as quickly as I would like to be losing, but at least I am going in the right direction. I do know from past experience that slow is better if you are going to try and keep it off long term, but when you are going on a cruise in 30+ days, you just want it to come off faster!!! Oh, well, the cruise will be fun in any event.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Mandalynn said...

Eli's been feeling MUCH better since he started the antibiotic!! He's more like himself, instead of Mr. CrankyPants. He's gotten a little spoiled, though...I guess it's my fault. I would hold him until he fell asleep because of all his congestion (& he still has a lot of it), so it'll be like getting him to sleep on his own all over again once this clears up. He might surprise me, though...(wishful thinking)