May 12, 2009

May 12

It is so beautiful outside today!! I am so ready for this, too. I think it is supposed to rain tomorrow and warm up even more.

I am going to Walgreens soon to refill a printer cartridge. I saw a sign on their door when I went into WG in Pigeon Forge to get allergy meds that they refilled color cartridges for $15. I tried this once myself on a Lexmark cartridge and it was never quite right. Since they do it for you for that price, I figure it is worth a try. This is the alternative to spending $40 for one new color cartridge!! We actually went to Sam's last weekend looking for cartridges and it was less expensive to buy a new printer!!! We did, but when we realized that we also have 2 new black cartridges for our old printer, we decided to try refilling the color cartridge and use these up before we installed the new printer. I am sure this is severe overshare, but, oh well!!

I am going to try and start calling around for new window estimates tomorrow. We have talked about this for some time, but it is time to JUST DO IT!! I am sure the windows willl not only look 1000% better, but will be more energy efficient, too. It is hard to spend money on things like this because most people won't even notice, but we sure will. Even when they are clean, these don't look it because the seals have been broken and they are clouded up. Yuck!! It is way past time!!!

We had a great time in the Smokies. The weather was great for the most part (just rainy the day we left) and it was so beautiful. The trees and flowers are ahead of us down there, so it was very, very green. They had had a lot of rain the week or two before we got there, so a lot of their annual flower beds weren't planted yet, but you could tell they were working on them. BEAUTIFUL!!

Till next time...

No comments: