April 18, 2009

Another tax season behind me...

and I survived!!!!! It sure was a looooooooong tax season and a rough one. I am finally settled on and at peace with the decision to NOT be the office leader again. Unless there is a drastic change on how the job is done and the pay structure changes dramatically (highly unlikely) it is just not worth it. I love the taxes (I know...that alone probably means I have a defective gene) but the schedules, client service, office management and all that goes along with this stuff stinks. After 19 years of being the office leader, it is time to pass the torch. I think the job will be much more enjoyable and a LOT less stressful. So there.

I am going to have a busy week. I need to pack the first part of the week and get things ready to watch the Grandbabies this weekend since the Mommies are going to a Women of Faith conference this next weekend. It will be so much fun (if a little bit exhausting), but then we are leaving next Sunday for the Smokies!!! Ronnie is coming down the following Friday. At first, it will just be Pam, Debbie and me though. We will miss April, but she wouldn't have fun if she goes and then spends the whole week worrying about Frank.

I cannot believe how Susan Boyle sings!!! I watched the clip of her singing on "Britain's Got Talent" and talk about looks being deceiving!!! She looks very ordinary but she sings like an angel. I think I had the same expectations as the Judges, but I was blown away. I can't hardly listen to her without either tearing up or smiling from ear to ear...very extreme emotions. I would buy a CD tomorrow if it were available.

My sinus "crud" thing is still going on and I hope it doesn't get any worse. I just keep telling myself that it is better to get it overwith this weekend instead of having it next weekend when we are leaving!!

Good night........

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hope ya'll have in Gatlinburg! yay for tax season being over too! Thanks for watching the grandbabies so the girls could go to Women of Faith... we had an awesome time! And how blessed are we that some of our best friends are family! God is good!